We live in a culture that is confused about the purpose of the family; a culture conflicted about the dignity of life; a culture that dismisses the vows of marriage; a culture that does not know the true meaning of love; and a culture that has ransacked God’s gift of sexuality. How did we get here? What has this confusion done to our society? How do we reclaim the truth about sex the way God intended it?
Family Honor’s online course, The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love & Family: Cultural Implications is the answer! In this college-level course, parents, teachers, catechists, priests, religious, seminarians and lay persons will gain a solid foundation in their understanding of authentic love, human sexuality, and the dignity of the human person. Family Honor’s “Cultural Implications” course will teach core truths – defined by Sacred Scripture, Tradition, and natural law – as the foundation for authentic formation of the human person in their dignity as images of God.
Students will learn about:
- The history and trends of sexual thought and expression;
- The consequences of the sexual revolution and the modern sex education movement and their contribution to the breakdown of sexual morality;
- Long-standing theories of psychosexual development and psychosocial research on the need for human “connectedness;”
- Male and female complementarity;
- The gift of fertility and total person sexuality;
- The faith response to the cultural upheaval, framed with the language of Blessed John Paul II’s Theology of the Body and Pope Benedict XVI’s explanation of human sexual love in his encyclical Deus Caritas Est.
The 2013 Spring Semester begins on January 3. Click here for more information or to register today.