Family Honor is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for the 2012 Summer Semester of “Cultural Implications” and our “Real Love & Real Life” program! Two very generous donors have given funds to help individuals and families learn the importance of chastity and God’s gift of sexuality.
Diocese of Birmingham Scholarships:
A limited number of online course scholarships are available for adults in the Diocese of Birmingham who register for the Summer 2012 semester of “The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love & Family: Cultural Implications,” which begins on April 25.
• Family Honor will provide up to $400 per student, to be used exclusively for tuition, for those who register for the upcoming semester.
• Students who are open to becoming Family Honor presenters will be given priority.
• Interested individuals should fill out a registration form and submit it to the Family Honor office by April 18 for consideration.
Additional scholarships are available to Catholic parishes and/or schools in the Diocese of Birmingham that book a “Real Love & Real Life” program by April 30 for the program year starting in September, 2012.
• Family Honor will provide up to $1,000 towards the costs of delivering a “Real Love & Real Life” program (for parents and their 8th graders).
• An authorized parish representative must fill out and sign the program request form.
• All program requests must be received by the Family Honor office no later than April 30 to be considered for the scholarship funds. (The program must be delivered before December 1, 2012.)
Bishop Robert J. Baker of the Diocese of Birmingham, mentioned Family Honor in his pastoral letter, The Redemption of Our Bodies:
“The virtue of chastity forms the heart of the ministry of the Family Honor program… The opportunity to assist families in the formation of their children in this virtue is a responsibility of every parent and every parish.”
Archdiocese of Atlanta Scholarships:
Family Honor, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of 6 partial scholarships for adults in the Archdiocese of Atlanta who register for the 2012 Summer Semester of “The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love, & Family: Cultural Implications.” These scholarships are made possible through a generous donation from the Catholic Foundation of North Georgia.
• The Catholic Foundation of North Georgia will provide $250.00 per student, to be used exclusively for tuition, for the first six people who register for the Summer session, beginning on April 25, 2012 and ending on August 15, 2012;
• Students who are interested in becoming Family Honor Presenters will be given priority;
• Students must fill out a Registration Form for the summer semester – available online at http://familyhonor.mojoe.net/online-course/ – and submit it to the Family Honor office no later than April 18, 2012 to be considered for a scholarship.
Archbishop Wilton Gregory, from the Archdiocese of Atlanta had this to say about Family Honor:
“This Catholic, non-profit organization, which is based in Columbia, South Carolina, has been providing and promoting a family-centered approach to chastity education for more than 20 years… I encourage all pastors, ministry leaders, and lay people to find out more about Family Honor and how their programs and training courses may assist your local efforts to help encourage parents in their important role of raising virtuous children. The work of Family Honor is needed now more than ever!”
Contact Family Honor with questions, for more information, or to request a Registration Form.
(803) 929-0858. Please visit our website for more information. www.FamilyHonor.org