“Parents are reaching out to us and asking for help.”
That comment was made to me by both a priest and a lay ministry leader multiple times during a recent meeting with ministry leaders to discuss what the needs were for chastity education.
Although life as we know it is changing quickly because of COVID-19, one thing that is not changing: parents still need your help and Family Honor needs your help so that, together, we can provide Christ’s truth to counter the sexual seduction of young people by those with evil intentions.
In addition to the terrible physical sickness of COVID-19, there is also a palpable spiritual sickness that has infected our country. Did you know:
- 8 is the average age of a child’s first exposure to hard-core porn in the U.S.!
- 80% of 15-17-year-olds have had multiple exposures to hard-core porn
- 90% of 8-16-year-olds have viewed porn online
- 47% of Christians who said pornography is a major problem in the home
It’s incredibly difficult for parents to protect their children from the aggressive push of a culture that makes porn so easily available on the Internet, establishes public policy that disregards the role of faith in public life, and designs clever marketing strategies to get young people to affirm and experiment with the full range of alternate lifestyles – at any cost.
And yet parents are THE key ingredient in protecting their children and passing along their faith:
“It is clear from this data that different modes of faith formation impact emerging adults’ ability to sustain a relationship with Jesus Christ; however, the faith formation by committed parents has the greatest impact on most variables measuring this outcome.” Analysis of the National Study of Youth and Religion Sample of Catholic Adolescents and Emerging Adults in Light of the Outcomes of Adolescent Catechesis
This letter is to tell you: the hour is late and the need to take action is urgent. Even amid all that is currently happening, we must prepare to proclaim the TRUTH & meaning of being created male and female in God’s image and the beauty of purity.
There are several ways you can help:
- Set up a monthly pledge of $25, $50, or $100, or make a one-time gift via our online Donation Page: https://4agc.com/donation_pages/ff1acd10-2bbf-4e13-8a66-54cd726f00fe
- Send a check directly to us: Family Honor, Inc., P.O. Box 1414, Columbia, SC 29202
- Make a gift of stock. Call us for more info: 803.929.0858
- If your employer has a matching gift program, ask them to match your gift, and let us know.
- If you know a faith-based foundation who you think may be interested in funding our work, contact me: 803.929.0858.
Thank you for your prompt response by April 16, to bring Christ’s truth and love to families. Please let me know if you have any questions or other thoughts.
Sincerely in Christ,