Looking for help in discerning your gifts? Need some time for spiritual refreshment? Sometimes clarity can come via participation in a spiritual retreat.
Where to start?
- You may want to consider checking around your local area for a good retreat house, or ask friends if their parish is sponsoring any type of retreat in the next few months.
- If you can’t find any upcoming retreats in your area, find out what’s involved in bringing a retreat to your parish or deanery, or think about getting a group of women or men from your parish to travel to one a few hours away.
- Here are a couple of good options to check out for excellent retreats:
- For women, one option you may want to consider is attending a Women of Grace event. For more info: http://www.womenofgrace.com/en-us/events/default.aspx
- For men, check out retreat options with Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers: https://deaconharold.com/catholic-retreat-speaking-schedule/
- And finally, if you can’t make it to a group retreat, take some time to read an excellent book from several years ago by Father Michael Scanlon. Titled Let the Fire Fall, it can be ordered via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Let-Fire-Fall-Expanded-Updated/dp/0940535971