Cindy McCloskey Memorial Scholarship
Announcing The Cindy McCloskey Memorial Scholarship Fund
Mrs. Cindy McCloskey was a faithful Catholic, a loving wife and mother, a passionate believer in the work of Family Honor, and a Family Honor Chastity Program Presenter. Her death in 2015 was the end of her journey here on this earth, but she left family and friends who will never forget her.
One of those friends is Mrs. Mary Daly, who, together with her husband, John, decided they would like to see Cindy’s memory honored, and the Family Honor work she was so enthusiastic about continued. Thus, they have established The Cindy McCloskey Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Purpose of Fund
The Cindy McCloskey Memorial Scholarship Fund was created for those men and women who live in the Grand Strand area and who would like to take the Family Honor online course (The Truth and Meaning of S*xuality, Love and Family) to become Chastity Presenters but who need help with the course tuition.
The Scholarship Fund will provide $1,000 annually in tuition assistance to be distributed as needed to adult students, based on the training Track chosen. (The cost of taking the full Certification Track is $500; the cost of the Associate Track is $200.)
Interested students should read over the guidelines below and contact the Family Honor office with questions. Office phone: 803.929.0858. Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cindy McCloskey Memorial Scholarship Fund
- To honor Mrs. Cindy McCloskey and her desire to bring the truth, meaning and beauty of God’s gift of s*xuality and the virtue of chastity to families along the Grand Strand.
- To prepare additional adult Presenters for the Family Honor Myrtle Beach team, with a goal of growing the team large enough to be able to serve families in all Catholic parishes along the Grand Strand.
- The Scholarship will be used exclusively for tuition for Family Honor’s course, The Truth and Meaning of S*xuality, Love and Family.
Eligibility and Other Criteria:
- Open to any man or woman 18 years of age or older whose primary residence is in one of the following areas: Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet, Atlantic Beach, Georgetown, Pawleys Island, Edisto, Litchfield.
- Individual must indicate willingness to become a Family Honor Presenter when registering for the course.
- Individual must successfully complete Family Honor’s online course with a passing grade.
- Individual must indicate why scholarship is needed and how much is being requested when applying to Family Honor.
- Scholarship may be used for individuals who wish to become either a Certified Presenter (Full Course) or Associate Presenter (Limited Course).
- Individuals receiving scholarship may still be asked to pay for a small portion of the course, which will be non-refundable.
- Any unused scholarship funds will roll over to the next year.
- Family Honor Instructors and the Director of Programs and Training ultimately have discretion as to whether individual will receive invitation to proceed to next phase of Presenter Training after completion of Family Honor online course.
Cindy’s husband, Doug, summed up Cindy’s passion for Family Honor when he recently said “If there is one piece of advice Cindy would offer, it was this: ‘Attend a Family Honor program and your eyes will be opened to look at parenthood in a way you never looked at it before.’”
This scholarship will make it possible for more Family Honor Chastity Presenters to be trained, and thus more Family Honor programs will be offered in the Grand Strand area, truly making it possible for moms and dads in that area to experience their vocation as parents in a whole new light. Cindy would love that.