Family Honor would like to give a very special welcome to the families who attended the first-ever Real Love & Real Life program held in the Diocese of Columbus, Ohio! St. Michael’s parish in Worthington, OH hosted 32 families, teaching teens and their parents about the virtue of chastity. These families learned to recognize our true worth because we are created in the image and likeness of God; to understand the meaning of real love; how to develop one’s whole self through the SPICE concept; about fertility appreciation, conception of life and fetal development; and received guidelines for future dating.
The Columbus team did a wonderful job of presenting chastity education through a variety of small group discussions, skits, question and answer sessions, an introduction to Church teaching on human sexuality, and an introduction to Blessed John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Parents and their 8th grade teens were able to learn a common language and connect about some of life’s most important issues with a very special focus on God’s gift of sexuality.
The feedback from parents and teens alike was very positive.
Parents said things like:
- I wanted to thank you and all those who persisted to bring this program to Columbus! It was a wonderful program that has given my daughter and I an opening to discuss the topics we shared over the weekend.
- I hope this becomes a diocesan wide program that offers workshops to the various parishes/catholic schools. Not only do our kids need catechesis, but many parents/adults as well.
- My husband and I would like to thank you for a wonderful Real Love & Real Life program at St. Michael. Our son told us that all his brothers need to attend this with us …an endorsement we are proud of!
- I pray that you will be having more programs in the future.
Teens made comments like:
- I liked learning better ways of communicating with my parents.
- It was fun to learn about chastity with my friends.
- The skits were a fun way to learn about chastity.
- The small groups were a good opportunity to ask questions without being embarrassed.
- The SPICE concept was a good way to help me learn about what chastity means.
Family Honor and the Columbus, Ohio affiliate look forward to serving many more families and helping to change the culture with the message and virtue of chastity.