Find out what God teaches us about Sex! Online course Spring Semester begins January 3, 2012!
“Sex Education” programs have been in the new a great deal over the past few months, but where did the idea of “sex education” come from? How did this movement get started? Should parents be concerned about these programs? Is there a better way to teach our children about sexuality?
Family Honor will answer all of those questions and more in their online course “The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love and Family.” This college level course takes each student in-depth to learn how the sex education movement got started and how it has removed parents as the primary educators of their children in these matters. The course will also provide students with an understanding of the core truths of sexuality, love and family as defined by Sacred Scripture, tradition and natural law. Family Honor’s goal is for this course to serve as a solid foundation for authentic formation of men and women in their dignity as images of God.
In “The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love and Family”, students will:
- Learn the history and trends of sexual thought and expression;
- Discover the consequences of the sexual revolution and the modern sex ed movement and their breakdown of sexual morality; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of misuse of sexual powers on the human person physically, psychologically and spiritually;
- Learn about long-standing theories of psychosexual development, current brain studies and psychosocial research on the need for human “connectedness’;
- Understand Male-Female complementarity;
- The gift of fertility;
- Total person sexuality; and
- Identify the reasons marriage has historically been and should continue to be the foundation of the family.
The world’s perception that Christianity, and the Catholic Church in particular, are opposed to sex will be challenged from both the perspective of reason and faith! Register now and participate in this unique and life-changing course!