September marks the official launch of a brand-new program from Family Honor. Leading & Loving is a parent-only program and is designed for parents of young children, ages birth through 5th grade. Leading & Loving will assist parents in cultivating virtues and values in their young children through the activities and conversations of everyday family life. (Read more)
The Leading & Loving program consists of six one-hour sessions that include a short DVD component along with parent activities and discussion.
The sessions include:
1. Sex – What does it really mean? How do I affirm this truth in my child?
2. The Language of Love – How do I speak it? How do I teach my child to be a loving person?
3. The Birds & Bees – Teaching more than just the facts: How do I answer my child’s questions with a sense of awe and wonder for God’s gift of sexuality?
4. Formation in Virtue – Raising good kids: How do I help my child grow in virtue?
5. Broken Heart – Dealing with Tough Issues: How do I respond to my child age-appropriately with truth and mercy?
6. Growing a Joyful, Faith-filled Family: How do I cultivate a joyful family life?
Family Honor’s Leading & Loving program will work with parents to create an individual plan for purposeful parenting. By providing hope, practical tools, and key basic concepts, this program strives to empower parents to become knowledgeable, confident, and competent leaders of their families.
For more information about bringing a Leading & Loving program to your parish or diocese, please call us at 803-929-0858.