It’s that time of year again! School has begun for many students around the United States and Family Honor programs are set to begin as well! This year, in addition to our Changes & Challenges program (for 5th and 6th graders and their parents) and our Real Love & Real Life program (for 7th and 8th graders and their parents), we are pleased to introduce our newest program, Leading & Loving!
Leading & Loving is designed for parents of young children, ages newborn to 4th grade. This parent-only program presents practical principles for Catholic parents and guides them in answering the challenging questions that even young children can ask. In Family Honor’s Leading & Loving program, parents learn how to be worthy role models; help their children grow in the virtue of chastity; and aid their children’s understanding and appreciation of God’s gift of sexuality.
This new program for Family Honor includes six one-hour sessions that include:
1. Sex – What does it really mean? How do I affirm this truth in my child?
2. The Language of Love – How do I speak it? How do I teach my child to be a loving person?
3. The Birds and the Bees – Teaching more than the facts: How do I answer my child’s questions with a sense of awe and wonder for God’s gift of sexuality?
4. Formation in Virtue – Raising Good Kids: How do I help my child grow in virtue?
5. Broken Heart – Dealing with the Tough Issues: How do I respond to my child age-appropriately, with truth and mercy?
6. Growing a Joyful, Faith-Filled Family: How do I cultivate a joyful family life
Leading & Loving will work with parents to create an individual plan for purposeful parenting. By providing hope, practical tools, and key basic concepts, this program strives to empower parents to become knowledgeable, confident, and competent leaders in their families.