Truth & Meaning Course
Register for The Truth and Meaning of Sexuality, Love, and Family
Now Featuring Certificate and Associate Track Options!
NEW Mini “Quartet” Semesters Start May 1 – Register NOW!
Want to learn the truth behind some of today’s ‘hot button’ issues to feel more confident as a parent?
Or perhaps you need continuing education as a ministry leader?
Or you might need college credit to go towards your undergraduate or graduate degree?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then Family Honor’s online course, The Truth, and Meaning of Sexuality, Love and Family, might be right for you.
1. Why was the online course created?
To provide truthful answers to questions that people were asking about sex, marriage, family, chastity and Church teaching. The course was designed to help parents and ministry leaders feel more confident in talking about these topics to those in their circles of influence, whether their own children or other adults. Some of the broad topics addressed in the course include:
- How did we get in the cultural mess we are in right now?
- Who is responsible for the ‘template’ that has been established for the more liberal and value-free sex education that is now well-established in many schools?
- How can people of faith better defend traditional Judeo-Christian morality and strengthen family life?
- What does research reveal about adolescent decision-making, teen pregnancy, parenting, male-female complementarity and more?
2. What are the two track options for the course?
Adult students have different reasons for taking the online course and we know some of you have very limited time as well. Thus, Family Honor now has two major tracks for the online course, the Certificate Track and the Associate Track.
3. The Certificate Track is for those who want to explore the above questions in more depth or who want college credit.
- Topics: History of Sex Ed, Framing the Problem, Teen Pregnancy, Fertility Appreciation, Child and Adolescent Development, Gender Identity, Spiritual and Moral Development, Godly and Godless Sexuality, The Importance of Family, Theology of the Body.
- Certificate – students who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate.
- College Credit – students may also choose the option of taking the course for Undergraduate or Graduate Credit if they enroll in this track.
4. The Associate Track is for those who have limited time, but still want to increase their knowledge or have some continuing education.
- Time commitment: students would successfully complete about 15 – 20 hours of material total from the online course during the 16-week semester.
- Topics: Theology of the Body, Fertility Appreciation, Ungodly Expressions of Sexuality and their Consequences.
- Associate Letter – upon request, students who successfully complete this track will receive a letter indicating they have passed the Associate Track.
To get more information or to get a Registration Form, call 803.929.0858 or fill out the form below today. Quartet #1 (“Modern Sex Ed: Where It All Went Wrong”) starts May 1 and ends May 31! It is the first quarter of the Certificate Track. (The second “Quartet” of the Certificate Track (“Theology of the Body: What It Means for You”) will be offered immediately afterward beginning on June 1, then the third quartet on July 1, etc.) The “Quartet” approach is a great option for busy people. Let us hear from you today!